Online Support for Volunteers
We’ve got you, Girl Scout volunteers!
When you volunteer with Girl Scouts, you’ll uncover new strengths and build on them. And we’re here to help you shine.
Check out these online resources and training courses that you can access whenever, wherever to make the most of your volunteer experience.
My GS is your Girl Scout home base and how you access other great tools to manage the Girl Scout experience for your family and troop! By logging into My GS in the upper right-hand corner you can:
- Manage your Girl Scout membership and all the memberships in your household and troop(s).
- Find exciting in-person and virtual events for your Girl Scout, your family, or your troop to attend.
- Maintain your contact information, preferences and manage any changes within your troop.
- Access essential tools like the Volunteer Toolkit and gsLearn to make your Girl Scout volunteer experience a breeze!
The Volunteer Toolkit is your official source for delivering easy, fun troop meetings year-round! This fully customizable digital planning tool is accessible on any computer, tablet, or mobile device and provides you with Girl Scout program content, award requirements, and other resources.
Through the Volunteer Toolkit, troop leaders can:
- Plan the troop’s calendar year.
- View the troop roster and email families with one click.
- View badges, Journeys and awards for all program levels including prepopulated tracks for younger and older Multi-Level troop groups (K–5 and 6–12).
- Explore meeting plans that show a breakdown of every meeting, including a list of materials needed and editable time allotments for each activity within a meeting.
- Record girls’ attendance at meetings and their badge and Journey achievements.
- Add council or custom troop events to the troop’s calendar.
- Enter the troop’s finances (depending on the council’s process).
- Easily locate resources both national and local council resources, such as Safety Activity Checkpoints.
The Volunteer Toolkit isn’t just for troop leaders!
Caregivers and administrative volunteers can have access too.
- Caregivers of Girl Scouts in a troop can see troop financial reports, download their attendance and achievement record and stay up-to-date on the great things the troop is doing throughout the year.
- Individually registered Girl Scouts and their caregivers can access badges, Journeys and awards to take charge of their experience individually.
- Administrative volunteers can see a demo version of the Volunteer Tookit to see all the programming available to troops and families, as well as provide support and training to their local volunteers.
Ready to learn more?
Check out the Volunteer Toolkit trainings in gsLearn before you start.Click on My GS in the upper right-hand corner to login and access gsLearn and the Volunteer Toolkit.
Check out our easy-access trainings available on YouTube!
gsLearn is Girl Scouts’ official online and on demand training platform. Confident leaders are prepared leaders, and these online learnings will give you all the info you need to be a great troop leader.
gsLearn isn’t just for volunteers! All members have access to this great tool. Click on myGS in the upper right-hand corner to login and check it out.
Zoom is an easy, reliable video conferencing and messaging platform with powerful security, that works across mobile and desktop devices. Safely meet with your Girl Scouts and families through virtual meetings to stay in-touch when meeting in-person is difficult. GsZoom is our unique partnership with Zoom organization to provide this essential product at a vastly reduced price point for our volunteers.
Think virtual meetings are for you? Contact us to get started!
VTK User Guides
Your Girl Scout year just got easier.
As a Girl Scout volunteer, you already know that your girls love Girl Scouts for the friends, the fun, and all the new things they get to try.
But what if there was a way to run your troop or group that saves you time and helps you plan so that you can spend more time with the girls? Meet the Volunteer Toolkit, the web app that makes it easy for you to get the most out of every troop or group meeting.
And here’s the best part—with the Volunteer Toolkit, you can say goodbye to digging through big stacks of books and piles of resources. It is accessible from your home computer, tablet, or mobile device—placing everything you need in one easy-to-access place that’s accessible on the go.
With the Volunteer Toolkit, troop leaders can:
- Access a whole year of Girl Scout fun by age level. Year plans come with pre-populated sets of meetings that give you plenty of ideas for activities and all the resources you need at your fingertips.
- Don’t see an activity your troop loves in one of the pre-filled meetings? Well go ahead and add that camping trip or visit to the science museum. Your year plan is fully customizable. You can even change the order of meetings by just dragging and dropping.
Troop leaders can also:
- Manage troop finances
- Access the girl and family roster
- Track girls’ achievements and attendance
For a preview, check out the training video above. To access the Volunteer Toolkit, simply sign in to MyGS.
Parents: Stay in Touch
Not sure what she’s supposed to bring to next week’s meeting? Check out the Volunteer Toolkit for your answer. Want to know what the troop is planning in the spring? Go have a look at the calendar.
Parents who log in to the Volunteer Toolkit can:
- See what their girl’s troop or group has planned this year in an easy-to-use calendar view
- Stay in touch with the troop leader or volunteer
- Find new ways to participate in the experience
To sign in to the Volunteer Toolkit, just click MyGS.