Online Support for Volunteers
The Volunteer Toolkit is a digital resource that supports troop leaders and co-leaders, making the process of running a troop easier and more efficient.
VTK User Guides
Through the Volunteer Toolkit, troop leaders can:
- Plan the troop’s calendar year.
- Email parents with one click.
- View the troop roster, renew girls’ membership, and update girls' contact information.
- View Daisy through Ambassador Journeys and badges (to plan for troop meetings), including prepopulated tracks for younger and older Multi-Level troop groups (K–5 and 6–12).
- Customize meetings by troop year with other badge and Journey options.
- Explore individual meeting plans that show a breakdown of every meeting, including a list of materials needed and editable time allotments for each activity within a meeting.
- Record girls’ attendance at meetings and their badge and Journey achievements.
- Add council or custom troop events to the troop’s calendar.
- Enter the troop’s finances (depending on the council’s process).
- Easily locate resources both national and local council resources, such as Safety Activity Checkpoints.
What About Parents?
- Parents can now access the Volunteer Toolkit to see what their girl’s troop or group is doing (e.g, meeting information and which badges and Journeys she is working on).
- Parents can also view the troop’s finances (depending on the council’s process).
Log in today! Click on My GS in the upper right-hand corner to get started.
Your Girl Scout year just got easier.
As a Girl Scout volunteer, you already know that your girls love Girl Scouts for the friends, the fun, and all the new things they get to try.
But what if there was a way to run your troop or group that saves you time and helps you plan so that you can spend more time with the girls? Meet the Volunteer Toolkit, the web app that makes it easy for you to get the most out of every troop or group meeting.
And here’s the best part—with the Volunteer Toolkit, you can say goodbye to digging through big stacks of books and piles of resources. It is accessible from your home computer, tablet, or mobile device—placing everything you need in one easy-to-access place that’s accessible on the go.
With the Volunteer Toolkit, troop leaders can:
- Access a whole year of Girl Scout fun by age level. Year plans come with pre-populated sets of meetings that give you plenty of ideas for activities and all the resources you need at your fingertips.
- Don’t see an activity your troop loves in one of the pre-filled meetings? Well go ahead and add that camping trip or visit to the science museum. Your year plan is fully customizable. You can even change the order of meetings by just dragging and dropping.
Troop leaders can also:
- Manage troop finances
- Access the girl and family roster
- Track girls’ achievements and attendance
For a preview, check out the training video above. To access the Volunteer Toolkit, simply sign in to MyGS.
Parents: Stay in Touch
Not sure what she’s supposed to bring to next week’s meeting? Check out the Volunteer Toolkit for your answer. Want to know what the troop is planning in the spring? Go have a look at the calendar.
Parents who log in to the Volunteer Toolkit can:
- See what their girl’s troop or group has planned this year in an easy-to-use calendar view
- Stay in touch with the troop leader or volunteer
- Find new ways to participate in the experience
To sign in to the Volunteer Toolkit, just click MyGS.