Programs/Events: All GSCSNJ programs/events have been cancelled through April 5.
A message from GSCSNJ CEO, Ginny Marino:
Dear Girl Scouts,
Like you, all of us at GSCSNJ have been actively monitoring COVID-19; our hearts go out to all the families across our globe who have been directly affected. It is times like these that reinforce our Girl Scout Law - to be courageous and strong, respectful and caring, sisters to every Girl Scout, and neighbors to all.
We have been actively monitoring the rapidly evolving situation via the CDC and New Jersey State and Local actions over this past week. Given school closings announced yesterday and in order to ensure the health and welfare of our members and employees:
- All GSCSNJ programs and events (including partner events and school-based programming) from Monday, March 16 through Sunday, April 5, are canceled. Full refunds will be issued as soon as possible, and you will receive them no later than April 1. We will continue to monitor this crisis as it evolves and communicate any future cancellations as soon as possible. We are actively working to reschedule some of these programs for later in the calendar year, so be on the lookout for new dates coming soon!
- We advise that all Service Units and Troops suspend meetings for at least the next 10 days, and consider postponing any large Service Unit gatherings that are planned through mid-April. Currently, within our region, there is a wide variety of timelines for school closures/advisories for suspension of social interaction. We trust that all of our members will make prudent decisions for themselves and their families. This is a time when virtual meetings and working on badges at home can be great distractions for leaders and girls. GSUSA has also produced a terrific resource, How to Talk with your Kids About Coronavirus, to help us support our girls during this time.
- As the final digital week of our Cookie program officially concludes tomorrow, March 15, the final ACH will take place as scheduled on March 27. Please use the Collection Problem Report form as you have been doing all cookie season should your Troop/Service Unit have any challenges with this, and please communicate with Customer Care should you have any additional questions regarding the wrap-up of the Cookie Program.
- Celebrate! (our annual volunteer recognition event) scheduled for April 18 has been postponed until November 15. Given that this is a large event that typically draws nearly 300 people, we are proactively rescheduling this event. Currently, it is the only 250+ event on the GSCSNJ event calendar for April. Again, you will be notified should any other events beyond April 5 be cancelled.
- In order to provide for social distancing and allow our employees to care for their own families, all GSCSNJ Service Centers, Offices, Camps, and Juliette's Closet locations will be closed from noon on Monday, March 16 through Sunday, March 29. Like several school districts in our region, we are hopeful to be open again on March 30. While our physical locations will be closed, all GSCSNJ employees will be working remotely during this period, so feel free to call or email us as you customarily do (856-795-1560 OR email@example.com). We pledge to respond to you as soon as possible and appreciate your patience as we adapt to this new way of work.
As we innovate and do our best to lessen disruption, please know that supporting you and our girls is our number one priority. No one leads alone, and when we come together to support each other, our sisterhood thrives. Together we will do our best to navigate through this period and make our girls' world a better place.
Yours in Girl Scouting,
Chief Executive Officer
Girl Scouts of Central & Southern New Jersey