Your donation for the Girl Scout Cookie Share program not only benefits local Girl Scouts, it helps to show your appreciation for US Military! During the annual sale, girls offer customers the opportunity to make a donation that will go towards cookies to be purchased for the military. Donated Girl Scout cookies go to support the men and women of Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst.
Last year, over 2,500 cases of Girl Scout Cookies were purchased for the soldiers and donated through the Cookie Share Program. The 2019 Girl Scout cookie donation goal is 2,700 cases! Cookie customers can purchase additional cookies from any Girl Scout to donate to the military.
Here's how it works:
- Girl Scouts collect $4.00 donations and turn in the money to their troop, indicating Cookie Share or Donated Cookies on the order card.
- Girl Scout troops will NEVER take physical possession of these cookies. They simply collect $4.00 per donated package.
- All Cookie Share donations council-wide are tallied, and then GSCSNJ makes one large delivery of cookies from our warehouses to the base on behalf of all the participating Girl Scouts.
- Donated packages count towards girls' sales totals and rewards.
- Troops that collect donations for a combined total of 4 or more cases of cookies will earn a Cookie Share patch for each participating girl.