In December, Girl Scouts will debut a refreshed member account management system designed with you in mind. The new environment will provide increased visibility to your Girl Scout member account, make it simpler to manage household (and troop) memberships, and make it easier for you to find more fun for your Girl Scout!
However, to implement these changes, all member systems such as MY GS, the Volunteer Toolkit (VTK), and gsLearn will be unavailable from November 18 through December 7.
Starting November 18, Girl Scouts will begin system-wide updates that will temporarily restrict member access to:
- Volunteer Toolkit (VTK)
- Looker (service unit admin team reporting resource)
- Background check completion and submission for processing
How Can You Prepare?
In the new platform, all parents/caregivers must have a unique email address. In our current system, many parents/caregivers share one email address to access their family’s Girl Scout account. To ensure a smooth transition for your family, and to avoid the need to ask for assistance later, we’re encouraging all members to take a moment to review and prepare your household for our fresh new environment by following these 3 steps:
- Log in to your MyGS account.
- Review the email addresses for your household. If the primary and secondary parents/caregivers in your household are using the same email address, please provide a new email address for the secondary caregiver or they will be deleted during the system update.
- Provide a new email address for the secondary caregiver.
- Before November 18, troop co-leaders should download any VTK meeting plans they will need during the downtime. Troop co-leaders will not be able to access or use the VTK from November 18 to December 7.
- Troop co-leaders should pull member rosters and any contact information they will need during the downtime from the VTK before November 18.
- Update any soon-to-expire background checks
- Troop Leaders and Troop Cookie Managers must be assigned to their current role in MyGS to be included in the first Troop Cookie Manager upload to SmartCookies on November 6
Look for a brief introduction to the new features you’ll find when accessing your Girl Scout account coming later this fall. We think you’re going to like it!
Need help accessing your MyGS account? To reset your MyGS password, please email email@example.com.