All of our adventure and aquatic activities will be available this
summer at both Oak Spring and Inawendiwin with modifications to our
health & safety procedures.
- We will limit the number of shared items by providing each person in a camper unit with their own harnesses for the day.
- Harnesses will be sanitized after each camper unit and again at the end of each day.
- Carabiners, trollies, ladders, helmets, and other non-porous high adventure equipment that is shared will be sanitized in between uses.
- Campers and Staff will be required to wear a mask while completing safety checks on the camper’s equipment, attaching campers to the belay systems, launching girls from the platforms/towers, and removing them from the belay.
Target Sports - Archery & Slingshots
Target Sports are already a socially distant activity. We will ensure all quivers are 6 feet apart.
- We will limit the number of shared items by providing each person in a camper unit their own bow, wrist guards, slingshot, and paintballs. The equipment will be sanitized in between each camper unit.
- Arrows, targets, quivers, and other equipment that is shared will be sanitized in between uses.
- While waiting for their turn to shoot, girls will be required to distance themselves in the waiting area. Tables will be spread out, and girls will be assigned to a seat with a seated activity while waiting.
- The Adventure Specialist will wear a face mask while giving instructions in close proximity, such as correcting posture and shooting form.
Boating & Paddleboards
Lifeguarding staff, with support from the facility staff, will sanitize community surfaces in between each camper group.
- We will limit the number of shared items by providing each camper with their own life jacket for the week. All life jackets will be sanitized at the end of the week, ready for new campers the following week. Life jackets will be labeled with each camper and staff names. Campers will store their life jackets in a safe location to dry.
- Other shared supplies, like boats and paddles, will be sanitized between user groups.
- Limiting the number of girls to boats to ensure social distancing (i.e., single rider limit for paddleboats and rowboats and 2 girl limit for canoes.)