Girl Scouting builds girls of courage, confidence and character who make the world a better place. For the Girl Scouts of Central & Southern NJ to fulfill this mission, we need to offer the girls not only quality leadership programs, but role models for the girls to learn from. Our Women of Distinction program honors women who exemplify our vision of excellence, leadership and accomplishment in her personal and professional life.
New for 2014! The Girl Scout Partner, presented to a male who demonstrates high achievement in his profession and is active in his community; who motivates and supports others; and champions equitable treatment of women in the workplace. Learn more or nominate today!
Nominate a Rising Star! The Rising Star award is presented to a Girl Scout alumna, age 30 or under, who is advancing professionally and personally by embracing the skills she learned while a Girl Scout.
- Live or work in our ten county area of service (Atlantic, Burlington, Camden, Cape May, Cumberland, Gloucester, Mercer, Middlesex and Salem Counties or the Allentown, Roosevelt and Matawan areas in Monmouth County).
- Support the mission of Girl Scouts, accept the Girl Scout Promise and live by the Girl Scout Law (see reverse)
- Demonstrate leadership, commitment and high achievement
- Motivate, inspire, and support others
- Is an outstanding role model for girls and young women
- Present personal leadership journey at the Girl Leadership Summit on a Saturday in November.
- Attend the WOD Awards Ceremony, which is our major fundraiser, at a weekday breakfast in March.
- Meet with the Girl Scout by October 30 that will introduce them at both events.
- Commit to a date in the fall for filming the video
- Share contacts for GSCSNJ to invite as leadership sponsors of the Women of Distinction and Girl Leadership programs.
- Any individual or group may submit one or more nominations.
- The selection committee’s decisions are final.
- The selection committee reserves the right to extend any nomination into the following Girl Scout year for consideration.
Nomination does not imply selection. Applicants are selected from a large pool of nominees.
If you would like to nominate an individual for Women of Distinction, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-582-7692.