Your Role as a Girl Scout Parent
Welcome to the family of Girl Scouting! Girls have many choices in today's world, and because your daughter has chosen Girl Scouts, we want her experience to be the best it can be. We have found that parents who are well informed about our organization and share their daughters’ experience help to make that happen.
Did you know?
As a Girl Scout parent you can sign your daughter up for any of our programs and leadership opportunities offered on our calendar yourself? Your daughter can participate individually, with her troop or bring a friend!
Here’s what you can do:
- Take an active role - As a Girl Scout parent you will want to take an active role in your daughter’s Girl Scout experience. You can help with refreshments, leading activities, transportation, make phone calls or assist with troop meetings. Ask your daughter’s leaders how you can best assist the troop!
- Set up your eBiz account- eBiz is our online registration system. In order to register your daughter for programs online, you will need to first set up her account. Visit our eBiz site to get started.
- Support activities - Along with troop activities, your active role can include supporting product sales. As a parent you can show your support for your daughter and the council by learning about the sale, such as cookies, and following all guidelines and procedures.
- Respect leader’s time - Girl Scouts would not be what it is if it were not for the dedicated volunteers. However, your daughter’s troop leader cannot be responsible for girls beyond the time of the actual Girl Scout activity. Please respect the leader’s time by having a responsible person drop your daughter off at the appropriate time and pick her up immediately after the activity.
- Become an official Girl Scout volunteer!