Girl Scouts of Central & Southern NJ honors the voices of our membership. To this end, the By-Laws of GSCSNJ provides a structure for two-way communication between our members and the board of directors to influence policy regarding the council goals, make known major issues affecting girls and adult volunteers, and issues affecting the business of the organization. At our annual Town Hall meetings, Girl Scouts of Central & Southern NJ's governance process is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors composed of girls, women and men who believe in the value of Girl Scouting.
The Purpose of 2017 Town Hall Meetings (formerly known as Membership Forums) is to provide members with the opportunity to:
- Receive updates, hear about proposed plans, and provide input into council policy and governance decisions and other matters referred to them by the Board of Directors;
- Meet and share concerns with the members of the GSCSNJ Board of Directors and members of the Executive Leadership Team;
- Hear about the proposed By-Laws changes;
- Help set and support the strategic goals of the council;
- Present the views of the Service Units and the Council membership to the Board;
- Provide feedback and participate in discussions necessary to ensure consistent, quality service-delivery of the Girl Scout program to members;
- Consider ways to improve the quality of Girl Scouting and identify the needs for Services.
Representation by members in every service unit encourages informed
decision-making and improved two-way communication. Four Town Hall
Meetings are held at least once a year in geographically diverse areas
within the Council's jurisdiction. These Town Hall meetings are open
to adults and girls 14 years and older, but all members can attend -
RSVP for a date below!
Wednesday, February 8 at 6:00 PM
MIDJersey Chamber of Commerce Headquarters
423 Riverview Plaza Drive, Trenton, NJ
Monday, February 20 at 7:00 PM
Cherry Hill Service Center
40 Brace Road, Cherry Hill, NJ
Thursday, March 9 at 6:00 PM
Ocean City Public Library
1735 Simpson Ave., Ocean City, NJ
Saturday, March 11 at 9:30 AM
East Brunswick Library
2 Jean Walling Civic Center, East Brunswick, NJ
We look forward to hearing your voices! RSVP today!